Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Interview with Boston Voyager Magazine.


I just wanted to share my most recent interview with Boston Voyager Magazine. I haven't been able to work on too many creative projects this past year but I am hoping to do so this summer. This magazine conducts interviews and creates articles to share all of the hidden gems and local business in the Greater Boston Area. I had the honor of sharing my story with them. 

Emily, can you briefly walk us through your story – how you started and how you got to where you are today.
When I was 16 years old, I started a blog and youtube channel more focused on beauty, fashion and lifestyle. Things blew up quickly for me, but by the time I was 18, I realized that my deeper passion was for photography. I didn’t go to school for photography but I worked on teaching myself every detail including understanding the mechanics of photography and cameras. I allocated every Saturday to be mentored and shadow well established Los Angeles based photographers which inevitably led me to professional pursue photography part-time. My inspirations and why my work is so bright and overexposed are Emily Soto and Yuna Leonard. When I first moved to Boston, I started fresh with my work and worked with local Boston boutiques like Crush Boutique, Pinkyotto, and Bobbles and Lace. And aside from that, I worked closely with Maggie Agency for my more creative photo shoots that I would shoot for publications. They all provided wonderful opportunities for my work to truly grow...

Read the full article here.

Share:
© hello, emy | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig