Monday, January 6, 2020

2019 Reflections


I wanted to take some time out to reflect on this past year. *this might be a little personal but..* I went through a lot of change in such a short amount of time that I did not allow myself to process my feelings which evidently manifested into severe anxiety. I learned this year that it is not something that I need to hide or put away. Feelings are what make us human and you are allowed to feel the way you do. However, instead of allowing it to consume you, you can use it to fuel your strength and push through the difficult times and allow for yourself to see all of the positive moments.

Something that I am actively learning is that you should be proud of yourself. No progress is too little. Celebrate yourself. Feelings are what make us human and we are not mean to be perfect human beings with controlled feelings. 2019 was filled with a lot of pain but it was also a year filled with love, joy, and accomplishments. That being said, I'd like to share on some of the positive things I enjoyed/am proud of for 2019.
  • I allocated more time towards self care i.e going to therapy, taking more time to myself when needed, listened to more self-help podcasts, and spoke up for myself more often like saying "no" to things you genuinely do not want to do. 
  • My boyfriend finally met my family after 5 years together. It was so memorable and I was so happy to take him to some LA museums. 
  • I got my Master's degree in May and started my Doctorate in August. 
  • I was promoted in my company and joined an amazing research team. I was also able to get my very first academic publication in the Journal of Clinical Oncology. 
  • Adopted my furbaby Sam, the pomsky. He's brought us so much joy.
  • Even though time is always the limitation, I am so glad to have been able to make time to go on many brunch adventures with some amazing people. 
  • I am going to be a co-maid of honor for my amazing friend Thithi. 
  • Got matching best friend tattoos with my friend Fiona.
  • Did a lot of shopping haha of course and dove into the world of luxury (i.e Chanel)!
Goodbye 2019 and Hello 2020!

Share:
© hello, emy | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig